24 Hour Customer Service: 479-621-1142


Your Questions Answered

When is my bill due, and how can I pay it?

Bills are due upon receipt and are considered past due after the due date listed on the bill. A 10% penalty for late payment is assessed after the due date and service is subject to disconnection 30 days after the bills are mailed. Payments can be made at our office, located at 601 S. 2nd St., Automatic Bank Draft, by telephone (800-420-1663), on our website, or by mail. We have a drive through service and night deposit box. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover.  Transactions done in office or automatic draft are free of charge, payments made over the phone or online will incur a fee from the service provider.

Can I have a payment extension?

If you do not have sufficient funds to pay the bill in full, you may be eligible for a payment extension. To request a payment extension, please call the office during normal business hours and RWU staff will assist with this request. Please note, payment extensions are a courtesy, not a guarantee, as extensions are based on a standard process and some accounts may not qualify.

What do I do if I have a question regarding my trash bill?

Call Orion Waste at (479) 878-1384. Their office hours are Tuesday-Saturday 8am – 5pm

How do I avoid a sewer stoppage?

To help avoid sewer stoppages, please DO NOT flush the following items down your toilet or drains: Grease, Contraceptives, Feminine Hygiene Products, Clothing- socks, underwear, etc, Toys, Jewelry, or other objects, Diapers or baby / toilet wipes, ‘Swiffer’ or any cleaning rags. Any, or all, of these items may stop or damage the liftstation pumps or other equipment. 

If I have a sewer stoppage what should I do?

Call the sewer department immediately at (479) 621-1142 before you call another service professional. RWU will determine if the cause of the stoppage is on the private system or the sewer main.  

Can I get a credit on my water bill for filling my swimming pool?

Sewer charges may be reduced once per year after filling a pool. Once your billing statement includes the pool consumption, you may contact our office at (479) 621-1142 to receive this credit.

What if I think I have a leak?

If you think you may have a water leak, call our office at (479) 621-1142 and a RWU technician may be dispatched to check if the service has a leak. Please note, a leak between the water meter and the house is the homeowner’s responsibility and you may need a plumber to assist. When a leak is repaired, you may call us for a possible credit on your sewer bill.

Where do I call for water and sewer main locates?

Call “One Call” at (800) 482-8998.  

What would it cost me to get an irrigation meter?

Please contact our office at (479) 621-1142 and we will be happy to determine the cost of service based on meter size, new or existing service, location, and availability.

Is there a charge to transfer my service?

Yes, $20.00, to be billed on the first bill at the new location.

Where does our water come from?

Beaver Lake through the Beaver Lake Water District treatment plant at Lowell.  

How do I obtain a water or sewer tap?

Visit our office or call 479-621-1142.  

What is a boil water order and boil water advisory?

A boil advisory is a precautionary measure issued by the water utility to alert customers when there is potential for compromised water quality. It is recommended that customers boil all water used in the preparation of food and beverage for consumption for 5 minutes.

A boil order is a confirmation that contamination is present in the water system. It is essential that customers boil all water used in the preparation of food and beverage for consumption for 5 minutes.

This includes water used for:

  • Drinking water (including pets)
  • Brushing teeth
  • Baby formula
  • Washing produce
  • Preparing food
  • Coffee, tea, lemonade, etc.
  • Ice cubes should be thrown out

Water used for laundry, showering/shaving, and watering grass or plants is safe to use without boiling.

If a boil water order is issued, once the water break is fixed and pressure is restored, RWU will flush the affected water system and take samples to the health department for testing. If the samples show no coliform contamination for two consecutive days, then the boil water order is lifted. A boil water advisory may be for a shorter period of time than a boil water order.

Residents are notified of a boil water order or boil water advisory through “door hangers” or the media.

Where does the water go when it goes down the drain?

If your service is on the RWU sewer system, disposed of water and the accompanying waste becomes wastewater. The wastewater travels down the sewer pipes to our Pollution Control Wastewater Facility to be treated and discharged. If your service is on a septic tank, wastewater goes into a septic tank, then into a leach field, and then into the groundwater; or, it may be drawn into the root system of plants and discharged into the atmosphere through transpiration.

What can I pour safely down the drain or into the toilet?

When purchasing cleaning products, consider environmentally friendly products when possible. If chemical cleaning products are used, use only the amount necessary. Additionally, product labels often list an acceptable means of disposal.

Grease, contraceptives, feminine hygiene Products, clothing (i.e. socks, underwear, etc.), toys, diapers or baby / toilet wipes, ‘Swiffer’ or any cleaning rags, jewelry, or other objects, should never be flushed or disposed of in our sewer system, as doing so is likely to damage liftstation pumps or other equipment.

The best practice is to not dispose of items using the sink or toilet. If you are on a septic system, don’t put anything down the drain that will not decompose easily.

How does the water department know how much water I use?

All services in Rogers are metered; that is, there is a water meter in the line from the water main in the street or easement to your house. All water going to your home passes through this meter.

How do I know my meter is accurately reading my water consumption?

Rogers Water Utilities has a program to regularly check the meters in the system for accuracy. If you have a sudden change in your consumption for no apparent reason (out of town, houseguests, watering the lawn or garden) contact RWU.

In the home, what uses the most water?

Toilet flushing is the biggest single use in the home. Most toilets use between 4 and 6 gallons per flush. Not counting lawn watering, the next largest use is the bathtub or shower. Very little is used for drinking (about 3 percent).  

Customer Care

Call: 479-621-1142
Fax:  479-621-1146
Email: service@rogersar.gov

Physical Address:
Rogers Water Utilities
601 S 2nd Street
Rogers, Arkansas 72756
Mailing Address:
Rogers Water Utilities
P.O. Box 338
Rogers, Arkansas 72757

Still Have Questions?